Your knees play a more critical role than you think. If you are already suffering from knee aches, you already know this because of the pain you feel while doing almost everything. However, it’s time for you to put your knee pain behind you permanently through chiropractic care. At Grove Chiropractic, we provide exceptional chiropractic therapy for knee aches and other joint issues in Dodge City, KS. Here’s an overview of chiro therapy and rehabilitation for knee aches.
Understanding the Knee Joint
The knee joint is complex, as it is a major weight-bearing joint. It is made up of:
- The patella-femoral, which sits between the thigh and the knee cap
- The tibia-femoral, which is situated between the lower leg and thigh
- Massive muscles and ligaments which stabilize the joint
- Menisci (singular – meniscus) which are two cartilage discs on the knee shaped like a ring
Types of Knee Aches
- Arthritis: This condition results from the deformation of the protective menisci due to repetitive stress or obesity. Arthritis can also affect the muscles, ligaments, and tendons supporting the affected knee joint.
- Sports injury: If you partake in impact sports, you can get a knee injury that can cause knee aches. Although sports injuries might not seem threatening at first, some can become more serious problems with time. Therefore, you should always let a chiropractor examine your sports-related injuries.
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease: This condition is caused by recurring tension or stress in the upper tibia. This results in the inflammation of the patella tendon and the nearby tissue.
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITBS): This syndrome emerges from the rubbing of a tendon on the outer knee leading to inflammation and is caused by long-term stress on the knee joint such as sports training.
Can a Chiropractor Treat Knee Aches?
Absolutely. A chiro doctor has many techniques that they can use to treat knee pain. Some chiro treatment techniques are: Spinal Adjustments: This therapy will correct any spinal misalignment by putting excess pressure on all your joints - knee joints included - providing pain relief
- Trigger Point Therapy: This is a remedial massage that involves the precise application of pressure to the afflicted knee to alleviate pain
- Low-Level Laser: This therapy will use specific laser light to stimulate the tissue and muscles around your ailing knew to facilitate faster healing and eliminate pain
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Treating Knee Pain
- Chiropractic treatment effectively treats knee aches
- Pain relief without side effects of using medication to manage your knee aches
- Treats the underlying cause of your knee aches permanently, eliminating the pain
- Chiropractic therapy involves joint rehabilitation, which means your knee can work as well as it used to before
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Knee Pain Treatment in Dodge City, KS
Call Grove Chiropractic today at (620) 225-3411 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.